Not Teaching Related, but I am writing about it nevertheless.

Marine Corps Marathon

Let's go back to the beginning of the year in March when the lottery opened.
I put my name in. Why not? If I got in...I got in. If I didn't...I didn't.
Well, I didn't! I was relieved. Really. A marathon was not on my bucket list. I had surgery in 2010 on my back. Who does a marathon after back surgery?


THIS GIRL!!!



We started out strong. 11 miles in and we were under our pace and feeling pretty good about it.
Then, one of our teammates started feeling like her nutrition was not right.
This is one of the last things you want to happen.

We slowed down and began to walk/run a bit.
No worries...the only thing I wanted to do was finish!

That's when we began to have fun!
Selfies...Talking to Marines...Posing for Photos!
Yes! We became that group!


The most emotional part of the race was the Blue Mile. Photo after photo after photo of fallen Marines. I was sniffing and trying to keep a brave face for those who have fought for us.
Then came the families of the fallen with flags and cheers like I have never experienced. I became a blubbering mess running by these amazing families. They were giving out high-fives and cheering us to keep going. I was running by saying "Thank You!'. I am really not sure if they ever understood me, because I was crying pretty hard. 


Eagles Flying


There is no way I would have been able to finish this without these two.




Apparently, I was thinking about hurdling a photographer. I am sure that he felt safe. If he only knew about my hurdling experience. :)








This has to be one of my favorite photos!
High Fiving Marines. This truly was a humbling experience.


We finished almost an hour later than we had expected. 
I wouldn't change anything about my first marathon experience.


I am not sure if I will ever run another marathon, but I know for sure I will not run it without my support group, Jackie and Jenn. I will be forever grateful for this experience with you.





Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

  1. Such a nice article. This article contains very helpful and useful information. I appreciate your efforts as well as the writer's writing abilities. Thank you for sharing running pictures with us. Now it's time to get Web Development services for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top