Welcome June!

After today, we have 12 full and two 1/2 days. 
I am so jealous of all of you who are out already. 

When June finally arrives, we all sigh Ahhhhh, and then promptly begin to scream in our heads...AHHHHH! We have made it!!!! We have made it!?!?!? 
That means: Assessments GALORE!
DRA's, ELP folders, Math Assessments and recording, AIMSWEB, Report Cards and comments, Permanent Records.
Goodness!!! Really? This is what we have waited for?

Well, in order to make it more fun for my firsties (and so I don't end up pulling all my hair out), my colleague and I are going to have a "Literacy Campout" again this year. This is going to be a little later than last year. We haven't gotten to the garden yet. 
We are beginning to pull out all the boards that have been there for YEARS! I am going to get one of my parents to rototill the garden this weekend. 

We have started some plants inside and the FFA from the high school is coming over to help us plan and plant. We also have the pre-school coming in to help and plant flowers around the outside. 
It desperately needs a new fence. That will have to wait until next year. I am going to have to find some grants. 

Our "Literacy Campout" is going to consist of:
Reading Tent
Writing Tent
Observation Tent
Listening Tent

We were trying to think of some more or some better names. Do you have any ideas for us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what I came home to tonight!
Thanks to my wonderful husband.
XOXOXOX



That's Yardley waiting patiently :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last day to enter my little giveaway...


Click on the picture to go to the giveaway.


Have a wonderful day!



2 comments

  1. You are getting so close!! Hang in there!! :) Happy Friday!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go to til the end of June, too! We're almost there:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top