Daily 5 ~ Building Stamina

Oh how I LOVE Daily 5.
We really started last week. I introduced Read to Self. We have been working on building stamina. 
This week I introduced Read to Someone. 
We had already built to over 10 minutes in a week and a half. Pretty good! And then I introduced something new. Something they had not done before. Something that was completely foreign to them. 
Well, they fell apart. Let's see how our stamina is doing today with Read to Self. 
I am thinking that these kids are going to fly right over their past "record time". 
Boy was I wrong. They were so excited to get done with Read to Self and on to Read to Someone that their time actually went down...A LOT! 
Note to self...Do NOT let the kiddos know what is going to happen AFTER they work on building their stamina. Let them be surprised! :)
That was yesterday...Today we rocked it at over 13 minutes!!! Wow! It just took them one day to get their excitement out.
I can't wait to see what happens when I introduce Listen to Reading next week. 
Stay tuned!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to enter my Happy Birthday Giveaway.
I am still celebrating! I LOVE my birthday!
Lots of great prizes and a SURPRISE from me! :)


Have a wonderful day!!!

1 comment

  1. Glad to hear it's going so well;) We've been working on quiet reading and buddy reading. They rock at buddy reading ... but not so much at quiet reading. Ha ha!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top